Based on the provisions of item. 1.4.1 of the Rules and Regulations of the competition announced by the Medical Research Agency for the development and implementation of an original program of postgraduate studies in biomedical sciences - competition number: ABM/2023/6, the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice announces open recruitment of a partner to the Consortium formed for the purpose of joint preparation of an application for the implementation and funding of the above-mentioned project.
The announcement of the competition announced by the Medical Research Agencies is available at: https://www.abm.gov.pl/pl/konkursy/aktualne-nabory-1/2114,Opracowanie-i-realizacja-autorskiego-programu-studiow-podyplomowych-z-zakresu-na.html
I. Objectives of the Partnership
The main objective of the Partnership will be the joint preparation and implementation of a project on the development and implementation of an original postgraduate program in biomedical sciences - competition number: ABM/2023/6.
The Consortium Leader and the Consortium Partner will jointly develop the Project for postgraduate studies in the field of "use of artificial intelligence and robotics in medicine", in terms of content, and will jointly participate in the development of studies in the aforementioned field, including, in particular, participation in:
- development of the study program and schedule;
- Development of the study recruitment regulations;
- Preparing the assumptions of the Application for funding based on the competition documentation;
- Planning activities related to the substantive management of the project, information and promotion of studies, evaluation of postgraduate studies;
- Coordinating project implementation activities;
- jointly strive to achieve the overarching goal of the project, and be jointly and severally responsible to the Agency for the proper implementation of the funded project;
- Commitment to each other's coordinated activities and implementation of tasks planned in the Project;
- conduct a common financial policy (they will participate in bearing the costs associated with the implementation of the Project in accordance with the Consortium Agreement).
It is unacceptable for there to be a conflict of interest between the Consortium Leader: the Medical University of Silesia and the Consortium member (Partner).
Note: the final scope of the Partner's activities will be determined during joint project preparation.
II. Legal form of the partner:
According to paragraph 1.4. of the Regulations of the competition announced by the Medical Research Agency for the development and implementation of an original program of postgraduate studies in biomedical sciences - competition number: ABM/2023/6, Consortium members may be public Universities established by a state body, within the meaning of the Law on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018.
Each University that intends to submit a bid in the recruitment of partners to the Consortium, obligatorily must have a team, infrastructure and experience in conducting postgraduate studies.
III. Manner and deadline for submission of applications:
Applications submitted by potential partners must be made in Polish on the form attached as Annex No. 1 to this announcement,
The application must be sent no later than 14 days from the date of publication of the announcement on the website of the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, i.e. by 10.08.2023 until 24:00 - the date of receipt of the application offer to the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice shall be decisive.
If the application is submitted after the deadline, it will be left without consideration.
A partner may submit one application under the call.
The application and all attachments to the application should be signed by a person authorized to represent the Partner in accordance with the entry in the registration document or in accordance with the attached power of attorney.
The competition announcer reserves the right to cancel the recruitment of the Partner without giving any reason.
In the event of cancellation of the call, the competition announcer is not liable for any damages incurred by the entity that submitted the application, and in particular is not liable for the costs of preparing the application.
Information about the entities selected to serve as members of the Consortium will be provided within 3 days from the date of the end of the call on the website of the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice www.sum.edu.pl.
The maximum number of institutions selected in the call to act as members of the Consortium is 1 entity.
The recruitment organizer reserves the right not to select any Consortium member in a situation where the application does not meet the requirements.
The announced result of the recruitment may not be appealed.
IV. Method of analysis and evaluation of applications
The selection of institutions invited to form the Consortium will be made on the basis of the submitted applications. The analysis of the applications will be carried out by a Commission consisting of:
(a) Vice Chancellor for Postgraduate Education and University Promotion;
b) Vice Chancellor for Research Activities;
c) Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences in Zabrze;
(d) Head of the Department of Postgraduate Education.
2. maximum number of points 100.
3. The evaluation of applications will take into account:
(a) evaluation of the declared contribution of the potential Consortium member to the realization of the Consortium's objective (maximum 40 points),
b) evaluation of the scientific potential (team), enabling the implementation of the task ( max. 30 points)
c) assessment of infrastructural potential ( max. 20 points)
d) compatibility of the potential Consortium member's activities with the objectives of the Consortium (max.10 points),
(4) The final decision on the selection of the institution on the basis of the Committee's recommendation shall be approved by the SUM Rector.
(5) The institution selected through the call will be invited to sign a Consortium Agreement with the Silesian Medical University in Katowice, the template of which is attached as Appendix No. 3 to the announcement, by the deadline of 14.08.2023. The Consortium Agreement must be signed with a qualified electronic signature and is an obligatory attachment to the Application in the ABM competition.
For information on the planned application, please contact Justyna Skolik, Head of the Department of Postgraduate Education tel: 32 280-36-39, email: email@example.com.
Załącznik nr 1 – FORMULARZ OFERTY
Załącznik nr 2 – KLAUZULA RODO
Załącznik nr 3 – WZÓR UMOWY KONSORCJUM