I would like to kindly inform you that Santander and Harvard Business Publishing Education are offering 300 scholarships aimed at improving the pedagogical skills of university teachers in line with global best practices. I encourage the participation of staff employed in the Departments you direct.
The current recruitment is for the Santander Innovation in Teaching 2023 Scholarship Development Program - Harvard Business Publishing Education aimed at higher education teachers. The program is delivered for 8 weeks 100% online in English, Spanish and Portuguese. The program was designed by Laspau, a Cambridge-based nonprofit affiliated with Harvard University and delivered by Harvard Business Publishing Education. The lecturers have extensive international experience and come from globally renowned institutions such as Harvard University, Université du Québec and the University of Groningen.
The training is practical and geared towards collaboration and exchange of experience. Participants will work in international and multidisciplinary teams together with mentors from renowned universities.
The fellowships are aimed at individuals who:
- are fluent (orally and in writing) in one of the three languages in which the courses will be taught: English, Spanish or Portuguese;
- are university teachers who have more than three years of experience;
- at the time of application and completion of the course, the place of residence is: Poland, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Spain, USA, Mexico, Portugal, UK, or Uruguay;
- want to develop their competencies and share their knowledge;
- will register on the Santander Scholarships platform and complete the application form;
- will complete the required tests.
The program will begin with an Opening Forum with a keynote speaker and conclude with a two-day Forum on Pedagogical Excellence in Teaching and Learning. The program's four modules, each with synchronous and asynchronous sessions, will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: The Practice and Science of Learning
- Module 2: Strategizing and Activating your Class
- Module 3: The Power of Evaluation
- Module 4: Peer Instruction Methodology
Forum of Pedagogical and Learning Excellence
This program will use a "flipped classroom" methodology in which participants will prepare weeks in advance with asynchronous elements: readings, assignments and team discussions. Participants will work in international and multidisciplinary teams and will be assisted by a mentor for optimal performance.
Detailed information about the program can be found at: https://app.becas-santander.com/pl/program/becas-santander-innovation-in-teaching-2023.
Recruitment is open until September 6, 2023. Apply on the program's website by clicking the red button visible on the right "Apply" and completing and submitting the form.
If you are interested in the program, kindly forward your information about joining the program to a staff member of the Research Section - Center for Science and International Cooperation of the Silesian Medical University in Katowice at email@example.com, or by phone (tel. 32 208 36 05).
We warmly encourage you to participate in the event.