PROJECTS IN PROGRESS
- Clinical development and proof of principle testingof new regenerative VEGF-D therapy for cost-effective treatment of refractory angina A phase II randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study - ReGenHeart
The project will conduct a multicentre, randomized, placebo controlled, double-blinded Phase II clinical study to provide proof of concept and clinical validation for a new, percutaneous, cost-efficient gene therapy for refractory angina patients. Using our optimized catheter mediated intramyocardial approach with adenovirus-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor-D (AdVEGF-D), which had never been used in man before our phase I trial, we aim to induce regenerative changes supported by therapeutic angiogenesis in the affected area of a patient's heart and, in a single procedure, reduce the burden on the individual and their health service.
The trial will be conducted in six European clinical centres in Finland, United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Austria and Denmark. The project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation progamme under grant agreement No 731532.
Read more: https://www.regenheart.eu/
- Translational approaches to disease modifying therapy of type 1 diabetes: an innovative approach towards understanding and arresting type 1 diabetes (INNODIA)
INNODIA is a global partnership between 26 academic institutions, 4 industrial partners, a small sized enterprise and 2 patient organisations, bringing their knowledge and experience together with one common goal: "To fight type 1 diabetes". The project runs under the framework of the Innovative Medicines Initiative – Joint Undertaking (IMI-JU).
Read more: https://www.innodia.eu/
- Stem Cell therapy in IschEmic Non-treatable Cardiac diseasE (SCIENCE)
The overall aim of the SCIENCE project is:
- to conduct a multicentre double-blind placebo controlled trial with allogeneic adipose-derived stromal cells (CSCC_ASCs) to improve myocardial function in patients with ischemic heart disease and heart failure.
- establishing a manufacture facility for centralised production of allogeneic CSCC_ASCs
- establishing financial health care data to demonstrate the impact of implementing treatment with the proposed new CSCC_ASC product
- evaluating advanced existing and new imaging techniques in order to establish future more precisely guided delivery of stem cells (WP 6)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programmer under grant agreement No 643478. It was initiated on 1. January 2015. The project duration is 5 years.
Read more: http://stemcellscience.dk/
- Joint Action on Nutrition and Physical Activity (JANPA)
The overall aim of the project is to contribute to halting the rise of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents by 2020. JANPA stands for “Joint Action on Nutrition and Physical Activity”.
Read more - http://www.janpa.eu/
- Systems Biology towards Novel Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis and Treatment (SysKid)
SysKid, a large-scale integrating European research project, aims at deepening our understanding of chronic kidney disease. The project paves the way for progress in prevention, new diagnostic strategies and treatment options for declining kidney function, which affects millions of patients suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
- The ERA-NET PrioMedChild (Priority Medicines for Children)
The ERA-NET PrioMedChild (Priority Medicines for Children) is a network of eleven research funding organisations from different EU-member states working on the development of research around medicines for children. PRIOMEDCHILD aims to contribute to the building of the European Research Area by:
- Innovative methods of stem cells application in medicine (VSEL)
The direct goal of the project is to develop innovative methods for the use of stem cells in medicine and thus achieve significant progress in the practical application of this promising therapeutic strategy, which is the cell therapy. This effect will be achieved by:
1) the development of innovative methods of isolation, characterization, propagation and increase the regenerative potential of VSEL stem cells and other stem cells with bone marrow origin;
2) the use of modern equipment for world-class research;
3) the development of national and international co-operation and links of research units with industry;
4) training of highly qualified researchers.
- Polymeric carriers for controlled heat generation and separation of sheets of the skin and epithelial cells (POLYCELL)
The project is developed by the applicant to adjust the substrate used for the cultivation of skin cells and epithelial cells, for the development of production technology and application in the treatment of extensive burns and chronic wounds.
6. Risk Assessment from Policy to Impact Dimension (RAPID)
7. Boys and Girls – An interactive web-based series to promote healthy lifestyles along European adolescents
8. Strengthening Engagement in Public Health Research (STEPS)
9. Silesian Researchers NOW! (SIRENA)
10. The BIO_FARMA Consortium
11. Flow cytometry for fast and sensitive diagnosis and follow-up of haematological malignancies (EuroFlow)
12. Thermo-responsive Biocompatible Polymers as Skin Substitutes for the Treatment of Burns and Wounds (DERMOSTIM)