English language 5.5 year Pharmacy Program (MPharm)
Admission requirements for the academic year 2019/2020
– winter semester
- Deadline to submit the admission documentation to the Dean’s Office:
August 30th, 2019
(NOTE: refers to the date of receiving documents at the Dean’s Office, not to the date of sending documents by a candidate)
- Dates for admission examination:
I round: September 9, 2019
II round: September 16, 2019
(choose one option in the Application Form)
- Examination can take place at the Dean’s Office of the School of Pharmacy with the Division of Laboratory Medicine
8 Jedności Street, 41-200 Sosnowiec
Candidates who graduated from high school can apply for admission to the 5.5 year pharmacy program. They are required to submit the following documents:
1) original or notarized copy of high school diploma,
2) original copy of high school transcript (applies to candidates who completed high school outside Poland),
3) application form (sample approved by the University),
4) identification document (to be presented for verification),
5) 3 photos – required ID or passport photos, with candidate’s name and surname signed on the back of the photo,
6) certificate documenting English language fluency level specified in Appendix No 1 to terms and procedures of admission (applies only to candidates from countries with a native language other than English who at the same time did not complete education at previous school in English language),
7) receipt of registration fee payment,
8) health certificate confirming no objections to take up studies in respective fields,
9) original or notarized copy of college diploma (applies to candidates who apply for graduate programs).
10) Apostille – in the case when the document specified in item 1 or 9 was issued by an institution operating in the educational system of a Hague Convention Contracting country, as of October 5th, 1961, which waives the requirement of legalization of foreign government documents.
11) an approval of high school transcript or diploma specified in item 1 or 9 – in the case of documents not recognized in Poland by operation of law, issued in a country with which Republic of Poland did not signed a mutual educational document recognition contract, or a document from a country with which Poland has the above-mentioned contract but the document is not covered in it.
All above documents must be issued in English language. If the original document is issued in another language. If the original document is in another language, a sworn translation into English is required.
NOTE: All documents should be submitted as hardcopies. Incomplete documentation will not be verified by the Admission Committee and will be returned to applicant.
Entrance examination (obligatory for all candidates) will be performed in the term as per dates indicated in Application Form.
During the examination candidate’s knowledge will be evaluated in following fields of study as per candidate’s choice :
- biology and chemistry, or
- biology and physics, or
- chemistry and physics.
Chemistry: Syllabus for the entrance examination
Biology: Syllabus for the entrance examination
Physics: Syllabus for the entrance examination
Final result in the oral examination determines candidate’s admission to the English language program.
Candidates will be admitted to the English language program based on a ranking list. Candidate’s position in the ranking list will depend on the oral examination result.
For more details concerning the terms and procedures of admission to the pharmacy program please contact: