Doctor Sham Cader, MD is a General Practitioner for English language program students enrolled at the School of Medicine in Katowice, Medical University of Silesia.
Doctor Cader can be reached at:
Hope International Office
26/12 Medyków Street
Phone: +48 602 446 444
All students enrolled in the English language program at the School of Medicine in Katowice, Medical University of Silesia must get (at their own expense) the insurance policy for the whole period of study.
Health insurance and emergency medical procedures insurance is obligatory for all students attending classes/clinical rotations in Poland.
Fire brigade 998
Emergency from mobile phone 112
District police station + 48 (32) 200 3800
District police officer + 48 600208538 or +48 (32) 200 3840
Visa / permanent residency card procedures
All foreign students are obliged to apply for a student visa, which can be issued at the Embassies or Consulates of the Republic of Poland situated on the territory of their native countries.
Upon arrival to Poland without visa all foreign students are required to arrange their Residency Permit Card formalities immediately.
Due to complex and time-consuming procedure of applying for the Residency Permit Card (round 2 months) it is more convenient to apply for a student visa in your own country.
Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:
- 3 copies of application form (completed in Polish language)
- 4 color photos sized 4.5 cm / 3.5 cm (forward-facing head shots)
- 2 photocopies of passport
- documents certifying source of income (loan certificate or bank statement)
- Dean’s letter certifying the educational status
- documents certifying no tax arrears in Poland
- copy of Medical Insurance Certificate